So, what have we learned today?
What have I learned today? Oh, let’s make a list:
1. I learned that when it rains in Ardèche, it pours. All. Frickin’. Day.
2. I learned that my backpack is not, in fact, waterproof.
3. I learned that it’s better to be paranoid when it comes to carrying papers in the rain. I literally saved all of my lesson plans to this point and my planner and my Colette book by taking them out of my backpack before I went down to L’argentière to go grocery shopping.
4. I learned that some other people think it’s crazy to walk down to and back up from L’argentière in normal circumstances. I did it in a rainstorm.
Also, I learned that I can start (somewhat unconsciously) imitating people faster than I thought. I’m already turning into two of the main teachers, just from a couple hours of observation. Which is actually a good thing. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have any idea how to discipline in French.
5. I learned that if I actually get énervée (somewhere between annoyed and mad) at the kids, I’ll reprimand them in English first, then French. Completely accidentally. As if they can actually understand the English. 😛